What Personal Information About Users Does MIDI Delight Collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with a friendly, customized, and efficient experience. We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with the purpose for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by you. We collect the following types of information from our users:
Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. The personal information you provide is used for such purposes as:
- Registration: In order for you to use MIDI Delight services, such as commenting on MIDI files, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require your email address.
- MIDI Delight may also add on any page display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes member profile pages.
- Social sharing of data: MIDI Delight allows other users to browse information on what you have requested, uploaded, and commented on. This information is made available via your member profile (mididelight.com/my/username).
- Profile information: MIDI Delight allows other users to browse your full name, birthday, and gender, within your member profile should you provide this optional information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. MIDI Delight cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or email address is.
Will MIDI Delight Share Any of the Information it Receives?
Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. We share your personal information only as described below.
- MIDI Delight Personnel: MIDI Delight personnel may have access to user information while carrying out their duties in the normal course of MIDI Delight business.
- Protection of MIDI Delight and Others: We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of MIDI Delight, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to prevent the sharing of this information by opting out.
Is Information About Me Secure?
- Your MIDI Delight account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to work to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your personal information on our website and correct, amend, or delete information that is
inaccurate. Upon logging in visit your user profile setting page located at:
What Choices Do I Have?
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website, such as posting new comments.
- You may request deletion of your MIDI Delight account by selecting to close your account on the profile page.
Can Children Use MIDI Delight's Services?
You must be 13 years and older to register to use the MIDI Delight website. As a result, MIDI Delight does not specifically collect information about children.
Conditions of Use